Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Last Day Home

This ended up being a pretty good day to be his last.  Layton and Derek were supposed to go Mountain biking over in Cortez today but Layton was up during the night throwing up.  I have been a little sick as well but not that bad.   We decided to go to the temple one last time instead and I am so glad we did.  It was the perfect way to spend our last day with him.


 Layton was set apart as an official Missionary tonight at 5:30.  Since we don't have family in town it was just us seven and the Stake Presidency.....President Mike Redd, President Joe Hurst, and President Doug Christensen.  It was pretty emotional for all of us but I am sometimes glad that we get to support one another without the fanfare that sometimes comes with a lot of people.  I think it draws us closer to one another and allows us to rely on just "us". 


 I have been wanting to get this picture for a long time.  I think it is a great testimony of the example this young man has been and will always be for his younger brothers. 

 One last picture at home (there will be more at the MTC tomorrow ;)....sorry for the puffy eyes.
 Leaving his best friend for a season.  This made me break down even more when Mason and Layton hugged after the setting apart.  They wouldn't let go of each other and were both pretty emotional.

 Standing at Layton's shoulder....it will be interesting to see where Jaden hits when Layton gets back.

 Teasing till the last moment....Layton couldn't show them more love than getting in one last "hold" on Easton.

 This was another hug that broke my heart.  When Branten went to hug Layton after he was set apart he jumped into his arms and literally started sobbing so hard he could hardly breath.  No one really knew what to say to that.  When Layton finally put him down he turned to me and ran into my arms sobbing and wouldn't let me put him down until after we had walked home. 
 We love this boy SOOOOOO much.  He is going to be missed in so many ways.  We know he will be such an asset to the people in Washington and I am a little jealous that they will get to have him for the next two years.  I can't wait to see his growth and will be praying every second of every day he is safe in the Lord's hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment