Hey Handsome,
Hope you are having a great time
training. I asked dad if it was hard when transfers happen because you
get close to your comp and he was like...."No, why would it be? You just
say.... See ya later." Is that how you felt too? We have had a fun
weekend. Dad and I made a quick dash to Farmington on Saturday for
food. No fun shopping ;( We came home to Mason and 8 friends
overtaking the basement....heaven help us LOL.
Then dad was released on Sunday. I was fine until the
meeting started. On Saturday Dad asked me if I was sad or had any
reservations about him being released and I told him, "No, you guys have
been ready for this for a few months. It was great to have him serve
but onto the next thing." When Sacrament meeting started, Jody leaned
back and said, "Well, it has been fun" and got tears in her eyes. I
thought to myself, "Am I that insensitive? Should I be emotional?"
Then the meeting actually started and when President Redd gave them a
vote of thanks with the congregation I totally choked up. Hahaha, that
was unexpected. Then when we sang the opening song I couldn't sing.
Not sure what it is about music but I can never sing the hymn after I am
touched. Dad's testimony was really neat and he said how much he
appreciated you and your example.
After church we had a TON of peeps over for the Super Bowl. I
am not sure if dad told you about it but it was crazy. Beth's kids are
so little and cried a bit, and fought a bit more. She had her sister
visiting with four girls of her own and they were pretty little too. I
guess we are just not used to that anymore. Dad only had one freak out
when he went up to your room and there was popcorn EVERYWHERE :) BTW
your room is now the second theater room. We just keep the projector up
there with a dvd player and speakers. I had to tell him to leave so I
could get it picked up and he settled a little bit. By the time we had
swept four times and were cleaning up after the game Darringtons,
Browns, and Stew and his girlfriend all came up to us and apologized and
thanked us for having it at our house because they would have been in a
panic attack if it had been at their house, LOL. I told them not to
worry about it, I love to do it and dad had calmed down enough to
respond that that is why I built the house. Emily Brown couldn't quit
cleaning and vacuuming though :) It was all good but crazy....when
isn't it when we host LOL.
We have received a bit more snow. I am grateful but miss the warmer weather.So here are some ?'s for the week
Dearest Mommy,
This
week has been so crazy let me tell you. I dont know how to think
anymore haha. Well we started off by basically going around and letting
Elder Barnes say goodbye to EVERYONE, i swear ugh. But anyways then
transfers came, it was a bitter sweet moment, but we will see each other
in the mission again, we still have two years. So i went out with a
Spanish elder whose companion was also leaving. We did some stuff in his
area (most of which i couldn't understand, so i just sat there and
enjoyed catching phrases here and there), then that night my new greenie
came, except get this in my transfer call it told me i would be getting
a visa waiter but i didnt! He is here to stay! His name is Elder La
Fond and he is so awesome, we get along so well together its hilarious,
its way cool, so we went back and planned. This week has been kin da
rough because of transfers and such and alot of our appointments bailed
on us and our investigator pool is running a little low, but that jsut
means more finding to do!!!!! haha We Have put one of our investigators
Bonnie Byers on date for the 20th of this month, and five of our other
investigators are getting so close!!!! but everything is going well,
tell everyone thanks for the support, my heart goes out to you, that so
cool about the new bishopric, i guessed two of them right haha, and im
sorry, now you have to put up with dad for a whole sunday and tuesday
evenings, i dont know how your going to do it haha. Everything is going
good here and im loving not being the newer person in the companionship
haha. question time
1. I know it has only been five days but how is it going with training?
A. interesting, its hard to find stuff to do when you have
nothing in your schedule and trying to stay busy and not be idle, but
its been fun, Elder La Fond is so awesome and he is already so prepared
its really easy haha
2. Tell us who your new companion is and a little about him.
A. Elder la Fond, he is 19 (haha im younger and im training him)
he is from Missouri and he is the 3rd of 4 children, he has 2 older
sisters and a younger brother. He loves video games and stuff like that
he was in show choir so he is a really good singer. He has such a strong
testimony it is ridiculous and he is just loving being out here haha is
awesome
3. what did you do during the Super Bowl since most of America was occupied?
A. Planning and Studying
4. Do you have any more on Dates set?
A. See Letter but Bonnie Byers on the 20th of this month :)
5. Does your ward ask you to do anything specific on Sundays or just fellowship?
A. Right now we are teaching the gospel principles class until they get a teacher.
6. Did you get Mason's last letter? He is insisting that you acknowledge he wrote you LOL.
A. not yet i havent got it so i wont acknowledge that till i get it. ;)
7. Who was the funnest contact you made this week and why?
A. Ok this is embarrassing so we were tracting and this lady
answered her door and she looked like 17 so i asked is your mom home and
she was like,"Um i am the mom of this home... this is my
home"......................... ..............that was the most
awkward moment of my life. So we tried to tell her our message but we
could already tell she didnt want to hear it it was bad.....
8. Are you using Mormon messages and LDS missionary videos for your
lessons, and if so what is your favorite one so we can watch it.
i dont know if you have it but ask the missionaries if they do its called missionary work and the atonement its awesome
9. Thanks for responding about those that have written or sent things. It is nice for them to hear you got it.
your welcome i love you :)
No comments:
Post a Comment